Whosoever has Allah in his heart, His helper in both worlds is Allah, And whoever has other than Allah in his heart, His opponent in both worlds is Allah."
Mawlana Jalaluddin Rumi (ra)

My Faiths Goal

May Allah Ta’ala grant us His Love and the Love of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) , such that it becomes easy to give up all sins and submit to His Obedience. May He protect us all from the mischief of nafs and Shaytaan. May He fill our hearts with Love, Adab, Akhlaq and Sabr for this beautiful Deen and inspire us in being a practical and good Muslims and be true role-models to our community.
"I want to die with my forehead on the ground,the sunnah in my heart,Allah on my mind, the Quran on my tongue & tears in my eyes."

Remember

Through the Zikr of Allah Ta’ala one may achieve recognition and Maarifat of Allah Ta’ala.
(Hadhrat Moulana Muhammad Zakariyyah rahmatullahi ‘alayh)


"if one lives for Allah alone love and peace would prevail in this world. When one is inspired by this,then whatever one does becomes devotion to Allah."
(Khwaja Nizamuddeen Auliya rahmatullahi ‘alayh)



'Allah will aid a servant of His so long as the servant aids his brother.'
- Sahih Muslim

Light of Dawn

I wake with the light of the dawn whispering with joy in my heart and with praise on my lips. In stillness and twilight i stand before you bowing, prostating i call Allahu (swt).
My eyes see your beauty in the dawn's golden hues. My ears hear the thunder as it gloriies you. The rhythm of my heart beats the sound of your name. My breaths rise and fall with the tide of your praise. My soul knew and loved you before i was born and without your mercy is lost and fortorn.
Wherever i may wonder down the pathways of life, my cry to you Allah (swt), is "guide me to ligfht" through all fear and helpness, to you do i turn for your breath of healing and peacedo i yearn. For all that i have , my Allah (swt) all that i am is from you, is for you and to you will return. Inshallah
In the following months biographies of the Companions of the Prophet (s.a.w) will be published..

28/04/2024

Prayer ban in school

This post's been on my mind since Tuesday's school 'prayer ban' defence at the London High Court. 🤲🏽

For context, Michaela Community School in Wembley is a secular school. It has a mix of faiths, with over 350/700 students being Muslim. I'll drop the whole story and a link to more info in the comments. The result of the ruling is that this school has been defended by the courts on having a complete prayer ban policy. 😔 So why is this problematic? I want to explain both sides: 🚫 Some say, it's clearly a secular school and parents know this when they sign up. This is true - as long as parents and students (Muslims especially) know that they are banned from praying altogether on site. 🙌🏽 In terms of inclusion - this brings us to a complete contradiction in the school's ethos. How can an organisation be inclusive if you are denying a young individual the right to practice a core part of their identity that they are obligated and want to do? Especially when all that was asked for is 5 minutes outside of lessons to pray, in a way that doesn't affect others. 🙏🏼 Whilst the school maintains that the policy is across all faiths, this issue mainly impacts the Muslim students on a daily basis. You may have heard that Muslims pray 5 times a day, this is because prayer is one of the core five pillars of belief and is a requirement for Muslims from puberty. Unlike other faiths, the prayers are physical acts with many steps, check out this short video guide to visualise: 🕌 Islamic Prayer Explained: https://lnkd.in/eB2qKBSU From my own perspective growing up, I can't imagine being denied my religious freedom to pray in school. I had the honour of organising and leading prayers with my peers throughout my primary, high school and college years. 💯 Our school didn't have to give us the space, but it was being inclusive to what mattered to its students and staff. 💙 The Michaela school is within their right to define their policies, but the question is - is a ban the right thing to do? Faith in school/at work is important to so many, whilst the ban is very sad to see - my hope is that this case can lead to more positive conversations going forward. There is more to gain from accommodating one's beliefs, than to force someone to suppress part of their identity. 🫱🏽🫲🏾 Grateful to my schools and companies that have been inclusive towards the faith area of my identity! 🤲🏽 Have a blessed Friday and weekend when you get to it all! ✨️ #diversity #inclusion #education #corporate #faith #faithatschool #faithatwork #prayer